The Unsinkable

This painting is of a picture that I took in Denver, Colorado at the Molly Brown House. As you may know, Molly Brown was an empowering woman who not only survived the Titanic, but saved many other lives in doing so. While I visited her home in Denver, the color scheme and overall look of the bathroom caught my eye, so I snapped a picture, to later paint it. This painting was difficult and took me almost two months to complete. Throughout the painting, I added pink and blue tones to carry a viewer's eyes through the picture and to create unity. I also added white highlights on the bottles and the sink to mimic a reflection and to create a more realistic image. The angle and viewpoint of the painting creates depth and the diagonal lines draw the viewer's eyes around the painting. Despite the time and stress that went into this painting, it received good feedback and it displays an image that is overall pleasing to the eye.

Comments

  1. Lydia, you are a fabulous artist and have been a joy to teach! I have loved all of your artwork and I cannot pick a favorite. They are all wonderful and I hope you will eventually find time in your life for your art.
    Kimberly Ingram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment